As long as I can remember, I've always been influenced by fashion, art and history. Especially the ideals that were set during particular eras or centuries. Marie Antoinette has been someone who I've always been fascinated by. Her story, life, look and influence is just remarkable. Marie Antoinette was a trend setter, from the way she dressed to the way she carried herself. Not to mention, the makeup of the 18th century was so beautiful and outrageous. I wanted to create a look that was inspired by Marie Antoinette and someone of that time. Of course, I made it a bit modern by adding certain elements and taking others out.
- Becca Priming Filter: lightly applied to the face.
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat and Illasqua Skin Base Foundations: mixed the two foundations together and applied a small amount to the face.
- Makeup Forever Ultra HD concealer: applied lightly underneath the eyes to combat any darkness.
- Prep+Prime Pen in Light Boost: applied lightly underneath the eyes to bring light and extra coverage to the area.
- MAC Emphasize Shaping Powder: applied lightly underneath the eyes and nose area to set liquid products.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer: applied to the forehead, cheekbones, jaw and nose to add a warm bronze glow.
- Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium: applied to the sides of the forehead, hollows of the cheekbones to add a light and natural contour to the face.
- MAC Full Fuchsia Blush: applied to the centre of the cheeks and blended outwards. The saturation of the blush was mostly kept on the apples of cheeks.
- Becca Moonstone Highlighter: applied to the highest points of the face.
- Urban Decay Microfine Brow Pencil: applied to highlight the shape of the brows and filled in sparse areas.
- MAC Emphasize Shaping Powder: applied all over the eye to prevent creasing.
- MAC Naked Pigment: applied on the lid and blended out into the crease.
- MAC Soft Brown eyeshadow: applied lightly in the crease and concentrated on the inner and outer portions of the eye.
- MAC Brown Script eyeshadow: applied to the inner and outer portions of the eye.
- MAC Nylon eyeshadow: applied to the centre of the lid and on the centre of the bottom lash line. Also added on the brow bone for a glow.
- Stila Metallic Pixie Dust Metal: this sparkle was applied to the centre of the lid and on the centre of the bottom lash line.
- Rimmel Nude Khol Pencil: applied to the lower lash line for brightness.
- MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara: applied to top and bottom lashes.
- House Of Lashes in Siren: applied to the eyes for dramatic effect.
- MAC More To Love Lip Liner: used to softly outline the shape of the lips. More emphasis was put on the cupid's bow.
- YSL #11 Rouge Volupte Lipstick: applied to the centre of the lips and blended out the colour. Added colour softly using the fingertip.
- Illamasqua Boost Lipgloss: applied to the centre of the lips only.