Oh sweet summer! My favourite season of the year! Which is very ironic since I live in Canada. And this year, we have been blessed with a really hot summer and that really makes me happy. The only difficult thing about summer is that you can't really play or experiment with a lot of makeup because 1. It's going to slide off your face and 2. Mix of heat + bacteria = your face breaking out. But the good news is that we all get a beautiful tan that you can use to your advantage. Today I created a summer smoky eye that is perfect on a summer night out! I also used my friend Sharon as a model because frankly, I think using my face all the time is just not fun. Sharon has a completely different face structure and overall colouring to her than me, so it was a lot of fun playing with her face!
I apologize for the quality of the photos. These are actually stills of a video because I couldn't capture the photos I had in mind. The lighting was working against me and I was using my phone's camera.
- Marc Jacobs Undercover Perfecting Coconut Primer: lightly applied all over the face.
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation: applied a small amount to the centre of the face and blended out.
- NARS Laguna Liquid Bronzer: this product was actually mixed in with the foundation and blended out all over the face for a natural glow.
- Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer: applied a small amount under the eyes and on some spots.
- MAC Prep+Prime Medium Highlighter Pen: applied a small amount around the nose and blended out onto the cheeks for some light and lift.
- Cover FX Sunlight Custom Enhancer Drop: applied to the high points of the cheeks, bridge of the nose and cupid's bow for a sun kissed glow.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder: applied under the eyes and nose area to set the face products with a very loose, fluffy brush. I chose a fluffy brush because I wanted a minimal amount of powder on the face.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer: gently blended all over the face to enhance the tan and set the rest of the face.
- Hourglass Radiant Bronze Light Bronzer: dusted on the centre of the forehead and cheeks for a luminous glow.
- Becca Gipsy Blush: applied to the apples of the cheeks.
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter: applied to the high points of the cheeks, bridge of the nose and cupid's bow to further intensify a highlight.
- Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer: applied to the eyes, blended out and set with a powder to act as a base for eyeshadow.
- MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow: applied to the crease and outer corner, for warmth.
- MAC Brown Script Eyeshadow: applied to the crease and outer corner to add dimension.
- Charlotte Tilbury Marie Antoinette Eyeshadow: applied only on the lid for a gold look.
- Illamasqua Ore Pigment: applied on top of Marie Antoinette and slightly blended into the crease.
- Makeup Geek Cherry Cola Eyeshadow: added to the outer corner for a smoky effect.
- MAC Teddy Khol liner: applied to the lower water line and smudged into the lashes.
- MAC Twinks Eyeshadow: applied to the lower lash line to set Teddy and give a smoky look.
- #105 Ardell Lashes: cut to fit the eye and applied to the top lash line.
- Kryloan Silk Lip Liner: used to accentuate the natural lip shape and pushed into the lips.
- MAC Pink Plaid & Creme Cup Lipsticks: mixed and applied to the lips.
- Buxom Lavender Cosmo Lipgloss: applied to the centre of the lips and blended out to add shine.